Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Wed Rigglers

What the heck are these?



I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but in the handle area of the bin are a couple of weird egg or seed things. They are smooth and shiny and reddish colored. I don't know if those are from the Worms or not. The Worms were somehow crawling up there when they were trying to get out, but none have been near there recently. Now I understand it's not normal to spend an hour a day redirecting wayward Worms who have crawled all over the sides, lid and handle of the bin. Poor things. I can't imagine how horrible it must have been in there for them to panic like that. Anyway, what are these weird things? I am kind of scared of them. I almost want to dissect one and see what's inside. But it might creep me out.

On the upside, I fed the Worms today. They seem really happy in there, and slightly hungry, so I added some cucumber parts. I am slightly concerned that the paper is getting too compacted in there. I had to add quite a bit when I was having the moisture problems. Now, it's once again at half-level and the worms seem to be kind of stuck in there. I will hope for the best!

1 Comments:

At July 13, 2004 at 8:24 PM, Blogger Maria said...

They don't look like worm eggs. They are usually smaller and creamy white. Do you have any other insects/bugs in there that you have noticed?

www.fullcircleherbs.com/wp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home