Thursday, July 08, 2004

Red Maggots

The Worms seem to have migrated upwards, away from the bottom sludge. There is definitely a healthy population that has survived and I am crossing my fingers. There are still some maggots (including the new and mysterious Red Maggot), but I am hoping they will hatch and fly away and then the maggots will be gone forever. I hate maggots, I really do. Why are they so gross? Any sort of white Worm is always bad. My kitties had Worms once, it was scary. I found a long white Worm on the kitchen floor one day. It looked like a piece of long pasta, and I was going to pick it up. Then I remembered I hadn't eaten pasta recently. My howls could be heard from here to Canarsie, wherever that is. For a long time after that, I had an aversion to fettucini.
Those of you out there who are interested in a Worm bin, I really don't want to give you a bad impression. It's really very easy and once these few problems clear up, it won't be disgusting anymore. Hopefully that will be soon.

5 Comments:

At September 29, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi please get back to me on the red maggot, i think i had one in my house what does it look like?
sheila BX ny mag88ic@aol.com

 
At March 1, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i live in williamsburg and I was doing some laundry and took my sheets off the bed and that when I saw this tiny little red maggot like bug curled up then as I loked closer it un rolled itself I did a freakout grabbed a tissue and picked it up and killed it. I have never seen any thing like it! I lived in Queens all my life and while I've seen those green ones that hang from trees ... Brooklyn definately has its own share of creepy crawlers...I was concerned because ny has had a bed bug epidemic yet this was no bed bug thank god I do have moths so maybe it was that.illianam518athotmaildotcom

 
At May 12, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Anonymous Danny Collins said...

Re those red maggots, we live in southern Spain and are always finding them around the house, on furnishings, etc. I've no idea what they are or where they come from - we have an old abandoned house next door that is infested with pigeons, could they be the cause? Does anyone know about these bugs?

 
At March 27, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi we live on the Costa Blanca and we keep finding red maggotts around our house too. We also live next door to a house that is in very bad condition where lots of chickens, cats etc are kept. Maybe they are coming through our expossed stone wall?

 
At April 11, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just moved into a house in Spain, where I am finding red maggots at least one everyday, the house next door is empty and in poor conditions does anyone have any idea what is the cause or where they might be coming from? Also the best way to keep them at bay?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home